We had a great 3rd quarter board meeting first thing this morning. Have I told you I love our board? I love our board.
You can check them out under "About Us" on the main page. Give our webmaster a few minutes to update the list - we added a real winner today: David Stein, owner and partner in Roger Beasley Volvo, Audi, Porsche and Georgetown Subaru.
David and his wife Jenny have supported THSD for years! The Saab dealership has been a dog walk sponsor for the last 6 years - this year it was Subaru. David helped us trade in our well worn Dodge van for an almost new one at ZERO markup! Our In-home Trainer, Susan Ramsbottom put thousands of miles on the old van driving all over Texas. These days she's got:
Mondays - Hearing Dog team, Sanger (near Dallas)
Tuesdays - Hearing Dog team, San Antonio
Wednesdays - Service Dog team, Houston
about to start - Hearing Dog team, San Diego (south of Corpus Christi)
So thanks to David, we can keep Susan safe on the road!
Our extensive in-home training is part of what makes our program shine.
20th Anniversary Events
- Toy Hearing & Service Dogs - this project is finally starting to materialize. After final approval of the latest dog vest from China (ahem, they're orange not brown), we'll be able to start production. 45 days to make the dogs and 30 days to ship. Hopefully, they'll be here in time for the December holidays!
- Starting a Hall of Honor for THSD Grads for Outstanding Achievement.
- Scooby's Haunted Carnival Sat. 10/25 - we need volunteers to help with the games and also cakes cakes cakes for our Magic Cake Walk. Email Debbie@servicedogs.org to get involved.
- Holiday Open House Sat. 12/13 - Pot luck or bring a donation or dog toy. Email Debbie@servicedogs to RSVP
- Intro to Service Dog Training Oct. 16-17, Becky McClintock
- How to Read Your Dog Like A Book Nov. 8-9, Steve White
Candice already has gotten a Corpus Christi TV station and the Corpus Christi Caller Times to do stories on her and Cookie. That's wonderful - she's a real go getter!
Candy & Cookie...well now, I'm really hungry. Gee, I already had spaghetti and eggs for breakfast. (Stop that - it's quite normal, esp. w/ soy sauce.) You'd think that would last longer. Okay, off to stoke up.